Terms & Conditions
The Artist: Ellie Norman
• Any and all bookings taken shall be at the discretion of The Artist.
• A booking shall be secure only once The Artist is in receipt of the requisite 50% non refundable deposit which includes the trial run fee, there shall be no provisional bookings.
• Bride hair & makeup can only be carried out on the day with a completed trial run, exceptions to this only with strict agreement with the artist.
• Between the months of 1st April- 1st November there is a minimum person booking of 4 services including the Bride.
• If there are more then 3 adults requiring both hair and makeup, or you have an early ceremony booked, an additional professional artist will be required and recommended by me. Subject to their availability. We allow 45 minutes for each professional service, with an allocated service time for the bride-to-be. There is an additional £50 booking fee required per adult payable at the time of booking.
• Between Christmas/ New year and bank holidays an additional day rate of £100 will be applied.
• Acceptance of the quotation with The Artist are full and final. Any attempts for reduction in the bridal party numbers after the booking will not be accepted. No refunds or reduced invoice's shall be offered.
• The person making the booking shall be held responsible for full and final settlement of the total amount payable to The Artist.
• Any and all deposits received by The Artist at the time of booking are non-refundable. The deposit is to secure the date for the delivery of the assignment and the preparation time required to deliver the assignment. (being an approximation of the value of services already rendered) and The Artist shall (where the value of the services already delivered to the client is greater then the value of the deposit) be entitled to be paid additionally for all services delivered to the client up to that point. The Artist will not be liable for any additional losses incurred by the client in such circumstances.
• There is a 14 day 'cooling off period' from the date deposit is recieved.
• Any outstanding balance payable in relation to a booking shall be paid to The Makeup Artist no later than 4 weeks prior to the wedding date.
• The Artist shall provide an invoice detailing the outstanding balance due.
• All trials take place at Ashworth Photography Studios - 44 Isaacson Road, Burwell, Cambridge CB25 0AF unless otherwise stated and agreed with The Artist
• Trials are by appointment only Tuesday - Thursdays between 10am - 2pm
• Duration - 90 minutes (makeup only) 2 hours (hair only) up to 3 hours (hair and makeup) *Any additional decision making time/looks will be charged at £30 per hour.
• Bride trial appointments are strictly bride only within the studio.
• Trials are to only take place once the depsoit payement has been made.
• Bridal bookings are only accepted with a trial booking. On the day only bookings are not accepted
• Trials can only take place once the terms and conditions have been signed for as wel as a deposit payment made.
• Post trial questionnaires must be received no later than 7 days after the trial to confirm you are happy to go ahead with the work The Artist has created for you.
• Failure to complete the post trial questionnaire within this time frame shall result in the booking being cancelled.
• Additional bridal party appointments for trials will not be offered on the same day as the brides trial appointment, however can be booked in on a future date.
• Subsequent hair or makeup re-trials are charged at £100 per person
• The Simply Classic package is non exclusive. This means that your agreed appointment may be shared with another bride who has purchased the same package. Other weddings/services will be open to other clients on the same day.
• The Elegant and The Exquisite packages ensure exlcusitivity to the purchaser. This means that appointments will not be shared with other brides/clients.
• More than 24 hours notice must be given in all circumstances relating to rescheduling or cancelling of pre-arranged trial appointments.
• 'No show' on such appointments will result in a additional fee of £75 will be added to the final invoice.
• Your gift certificate will be valid for 6 months from the date of purchase. After the expiry date, the remaining balance will be deducted.
• Refund requests can only be made within 7 days of purchase date. After this date, Ellie Norman Makeup Artists reserves the right to refuse any refund request made.
• The value of your gift certificate cannot be exchanged for cash, either in part or in full.
• Your gift certificate can be used as part of full payment for appointment.
• Any remaining balance on your gift certificate will be reissued to you as a new gift certificate with the original expiry date applicable.
• Appointments are subject to availability.
• Gift certificates can only be redeemed by the person stated on the certificate. Ellie Norman Makeup Artists reserves the right not to accept gift certificates that have or appear to have been forged, damaged, defaced or otherwise tampered with.
• If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of a gift certificate, the difference can be made up with a bank transfer or cash payment. If it is less, then change cannot be given.
• Gift certificates cannot be used in conjunction with any special promotions or to purchase a reduced service/treatment.
• If requested by post, your gift certificate(s) will be dispatched to you within 2-5 working days.
• Ellie Norman Makeup Artist reserves the right to add or to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, where it is considered reasonable and necessary to do so for legal reasons. Reasonable notice will be given where possible.
Parking + Travel Charges
• In circumstances when parking fees apply, the client will be required to cover the charges where The Artists services are being conducted, for example hotel parking and meter parking.
• Excluding the simply classic package - travel up to 15 miles from The Artists home address is free of charge. Anything outside of this radius will incur a 0.50p per mile charge, including the return journey.
• Please contact The Artist prior to booking if there is limited or no parking available at your getting ready location. Due to the amount of heavy equipment our artists carry, if The Artist has not been made aware of this, The Artist will not be held responsible for delays this
• If an Additional Artist is booked on the job, their travel charges will be applied for on the final invoice.
• Any travel beyond 2 hours from The Artist's postcode will require in overnight accomodation paid for by the client at the time of booking up to the value of £100.
Late Venue Entry Times/ Change of location fee
• In circumstances where your venue has a late entry time and The Artist is required to start in one location and finish in another we reserve the right to charge a change of location fee of £50.00 to cover additional time and travel
• Any additional artists booked on the day will incur of a £50.00 charge per artist to cover additional time and travel.
• It is the clients responsibility to book alternative accommodation close to the venue to accommodate The Artists services.
• No refunds shall be offered where time limits the amount of services we can provide which has been agreed upon acceptance of our quotation.
• All schedules will be provided at the time of booking where sufficient details are provided.
• Amendments and changes to names or timings after booking shall be completed by The Artist.
• The Client acknowledges that final veil fitting services are to be completed at The Artists agreed finish time for bride hair styling according to the schedule provided and no later.
• All correspondence shall be with The Artist and shall be confirmed in written form by email.
• It is the clients responsibly to make The Artist aware of any known allergies or skin sensitivities that they or their bridal party may have prior to service.
• The Artist cannot be held liable for any losses or damage that is incurred due to the client’s failure to inform The Artist of any known condition.
• If the client or other bridal party guest requires a patch test for any products, this can be arranged for a small fee prior to a trial run.
• It is the responsibility of the client to ensure all members of the bridal party are available at their, pre arranged, allocated times. No refund or compensation will be offered by The Artist for delays caused by other wedding vendors, guests, or members of the bridal party.
• If the booking is directly affected by circumstances beyond the control of The Artist including but not limited to weather conditions or health and safety reasons, where possible The Artist will endeavour to rectify such situations, however no compensation will be offered by The Artist. It is strongly advised that you the client take out wedding or event insurance to cover you against these situations.
• The client agrees that The Artist may use any photography for publicity purposes which include the artist’s website and social media pages.
• The Artist will not post photography before the clients wedding has started to avoid spoiling any surprises for guests of the event.
• Any objections should be made in writing to
Cancellation of wedding day services
• Notice of cancellation for the whole of the booking must be given to The Artist at least one month prior to the date of the booking. If less than one month’s notice is given, any outstanding balance payable in relation to the booking shall be required to be made in full to The Artist
•If the client does not wish to go ahead with the wedding booking after the trial, the deposit payment will be refunded up to 7 working days after the trial which equates to 50%. This does not include the trial as this is non refundable.
• The Artist reserve the right to refuse service to the client or members of the bridal party for, but not limited to, infectious conditions / abusive, rude and unreasonable behaviour.
• If you make the decision to cancel your booking, the following charges will apply.
The percentages are the proportion of the total booking cost.
- 16 weeks before the wedding 50%
- 12 weeks before the wedding 65%
- 6 weeks before the wedding 80%
- 4 weeks before the wedding 100%
• If there is a bridal party, the number of bridal party members can be ammended at anytime. However, if this is ammended within 4 weeks before the wedding day, no refunds will be given if the total number of members has decreased. If you wish to add members to your booking, this must be discussed with The Artist at your earliest convinience to decide on if this will be possible due to availability. Please note, that additional members cannot be added to the booking after the final invoice has been paid.
• If you decide to postpone your wedding to a future date, The Artist will endeavour to transfer the booking across to the new date, subject to The Artists availability.
• Should The Artist already have existing secured bookings on such date, no refunds or compensation shall be offered - please refer to clause Payment.
• If a postponement is mutually agreed, the balance is due 4 weeks prior to the new date.
• In the unlikely event that your original The Artist is ill or cannot attend your wedding we will find a replacement artist who would represent a similar standard.
• In the event The Artist is unable to find a replacement artist the client will be provided a full refund of any fees paid.
• The Artist receive continuous training to ensure that all artists are working to the highest of their abilities.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
• Payment of any deposit to The Artist indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions set out above.
• Should failure of either party to perform its obligations under this Agreement under The Artist shall not subject to claims of any such losses and reserves the right to retain the booking fee.
• Ellie Norman Makeup Artist take’s your privacy seriously and are fully GDPR compliant. You have provided Ellie Norman Makeup Artist with your contact details so that Ellie Norman Makeup Artist can correspond with you about your wedding hair or makeup as agreed. Ellie Norman Makeup Artist will only use your personal information to administer your booking and to provide the services you have requested from Ellie Norman Makup Artist . Ellie Norman Makeup Artist will not pass on or sell your details to any other organisation.